A Connected Future
Health Connect South 2018
The mission of Health Connect South is to serve the health community as a sustainable platform for regional health collaborations. Through our collective work, we seek to define and advance the Southeast’s role in the future of health. Serving as a gateway between health industry silos, we seek to facilitate unique and meaningful partnerships.
Reviews of 2017
Interesting intersection with pretty much anyone in attendance, just needed the time or reason to chat with them - the networking break did that!
This is where we all need to come for the latest in the Southeast Healthcare arena.
Great speakers and networking
Best yet! Collaboration for better results.
Opening Remarks: Russ Lipari, CEO & President, Health Connect South
Welcome Keynote: James Weyhenmeyer, PhD, Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Georgia State University
Bridging the gap between investors and healthcare startups
5 Minute Break
How consumers drive healthcare delivery offerings
Moderator: Russell Allen, President & CEO, GeorgiaBio
- Howard Jacob, PhD, EVP Genomic Medicine, Chief Medical Genomics Officer, Faculty Investigator, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
- Marie Cameron, FACHE, Professor, Health Administration, Georgia State University
- Guy Scull, CEO & President, CareLink of Northwest Georgia, Inc.
- Steven Fraime, Director, Center for Health Transformation, Wellstar Health Systems
Presenter: Kathryn Lawler, Executive Director, Atlanta Regional Collaborative for Health Improvement (ARCHI)
- Emory and Partners MSM, Georgia Tech Establish Collaborative Diabetes Research Center: Georgia Diabetes Translation Research Center (GDTRC)
- UAB & Hudson Alpha: Genetics initiative to improve health for Alabama residents
- OneFlorida Research Consortium
- Wellstar CHT & GTRI: Solving the PCP access problem in NW Georgia with CareLink
- American Cancer Society & the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) to expand access to 16 essential cancer treatment medications in Africa
Introduction: Meredith Swartz, Outreach Manager, Health Connect South
- Presenter: Benjamin Li, MD & MBA Candidate, Vanderbilt University
- Halyard Health COOLIEF
- Center for Medical Interoperability
- GTRI Wellstar Epic
- Emory Collaborative Network